Saturday, March 5, 2011

Food for Thought...

As the first signs of Spring start to appear, I can't help but think of gardening, and, of course, farmer's markets. Let's face it, food is getting expensive. And the more gas prices go up, the more food prices will too. Buying locally and growing your own is becoming increasingly important. I planted my first veggie garden last spring, and was so excited to see the progress. Yes, there were some failures (cursed eggplant!) but the successes were well worth the time. I had more carrots then I knew what to do with. Carrot Ginger soup for everyone!

We've been preparing for Spring in the store, and we're excited to have some new garden and cook books. Jamie's Food Revolution has become a fast favorite, and I definitely spent a lot of time with Grow Great Grub by Gayla Trail last summer.


Make sure you check out the next Squamish Farmer's Market- Winter Market happening Saturday March 12th at the Railway Heritage Park!

No comments: